3D CAD System Solid Edge® with Smap3D Plant Design
Smap3D Plant Design and especially the product Smap3D Piping is the ideal supplement to Solid Edge® and XpresRoute for fast and easy production of complex 3D pipeline systems. Solid Edge® and Smap3D Piping, combined with the Smap3D standard parts library and Smap3D PartFinder, provide the user with an efficient and complete package for 3D pipeline planning.
XpresRoute forms the basis for the definition and production of the required pipeline routes. Smap3D Piping specialises in the automatic production of 3D pipelines, composed of multiple fittings and straight pipes for the extent of the drafted pipeline route. Moreover, Smap3D Piping also supports the production of pipe bends or specially adapted curved pipes, besides standard curved fittings, as a basic function.
A phenomenally simple procedure:
- In Smap3D P&ID the flow diagram of the plant process and the required pipelines is created.
- With the To-Do list function of Smap3D Piping the defined content of the P&ID diagram is automatically evaluated and available in 3D CAD.
- In the XpresRoute environment, routes (supported with information from P&ID) in form of connected structural line segments are drawn. With the additional functions for dimension and connections, the pipeline routes are defined by the user until the resulting assembly unit corresponds to the required route.
- Smap3D Piping analyses the drafted 3D line segments and via logical criteria, produces the 'pipeline paths' automatically. In this way, a pipeline path indicates the route of a continuous pipeline from one connection to another, regardless of how many 3D line segments, connected at their end points, have been interspersed along the route. A 3D line segment branch(not connected to a line end point) always commences a new pipeline route. Pipeline paths can, of course, after their production by XpresRoute, be extended or altered. This means that 3D line segments can be added, removed or altered at any time during the process. Pipeline routes are associative to the 3D line segments drafted in Xpresroute.
- The user's subsequent setting of bends, tees, flanges, gaskets etc. as well as the generation of pipes is automatically carried out by Smap3D Piping's functionality, saving time and providing a high level of process security.
- Smap3D Isometric automatically generates the isometric drawing from the 3D pipeline.
The generation of insulation around a pipeline and the reduction or extension of existing pipelines is also possible. These and further automatisms are made possible via the operation of pipe classes.
An listing and description of operation methods including all Smap3D Plant Design products and functions are to be found on this website under >> Products >> 3D Piping.